Client: Optima Ports Marketing Int’l Ltd [OSMi]
Job: Marketing of the TV Rights to the Sydney 2000 Olympic games.
Problem(s): To maximize the value of Sporting Rights asset for a brand new entrant involved:
- Creating a value addition chain, i.e. how do sponsors maximize their spend?
- Create sufficient ”eyeballs” given the time differential between Sydney and Lagos…
These started with:
- Creation of a GwCL unit within OSMi that handled Strategy and planning…
- Asset valuation – breaking down the multi-event’s transmission into marketable chunks
- Setup of a Marketing System – recruit – train – manage advert window sales force in 8 months!
- Guided client through negotiations with the networks!
- Designed schedules on a dedicated 24-hour channel for a 3-week multi-sports event.
- 1st transmission of a privately held multi-sports Rights Asset in the Nigerian market space.
- Pioneers of Public – Private multi-network syndication.
- Client ♯1 sub-regional Sports Asset marketing firms
- Exceeded Rights Valuation targets by an average of 22.5% across all sports.,
Client: MB Automobile Services Ltd – The MB Place
Job: Creating a new sub-brand, The MB Place – an exclusive Mercedes-Benz sub-dealership.
- Creating a new brand identity for a dealership subsumed by its global marquee franchise.
- Create identity capable of attracting other luxury, con-competing marquee franchises.
- Print-focused campaign that adhered Mercedes-Benz global layout formats but contextualized the copy.
- Adverts started a 10+ years “conversation” with owners of the brand’s cars – alluding to local issues…
- Supported with branded promotions, i.e. polo tournaments, fashion shows and art exhibitions – especially branded marketing collaterals.
- 15+ years account management relationship!
- Client became ECOWAS sub-regional distributor ♯1 for Mercedes passenger cars.
- Eventually became General Distributor for Nigeria which is 65% of sub-region’s vehicle market for all Daimler – Benz AG vehicles…
- Acquired other luxury marquees, such as,
- Bang & Olufsen – renowned Danish AV systems marquee.
- Sapporiti s.a. – Milan’s famous light fittings design studio.
- TechnoGym s.a. – luxury Italian exercise machines.
Assignments: Creation of media campaigns, in traditional media, for a specialist Distributor and workshop of Daimler-Benz passenger vehicles…
1. Due to country-specific regulations, this afforded need for local creation of materials, strictly guided by brand’s Style guidelines in copy and layout!
2. Led to creation of award-winning press ads over 10-year period
3. Management of numerous product launches (C/M/A-Class vehicles)
4. Branded “Special Event” promotions, i.e. sponsorship of Fashion Shows, Polo tournaments, Art exhibitions, etc.
Client: Greenworld Communications Ltd
Job: Program Content development – “Football, Football” (1996 – 2002)
Problem(s): Creating a new program concept involved:
- Content material Rights acquisition
- Production costs beyond budget
- Distribution/syndication of material
- Creation of Agency/advertiser awareness
These range from:
- Scripting, recording, editing and even presentation of in-house researched Free-To-Air channel-sourced materials.
- Network – content provider income split distribution arrangement.
- Direct marketing to media contractors of agency networks.
- Pioneered soccer analysis chat show genre in Nigeria – pre-dating DirectSat TV’s EPL offerings!
- Innovated numerous advert windows to categories of sponsors by mixing AV and CG graphics on presentations.
- Syndicated on a mix multiple public and private terrestrial channels.