Client: Optima Ports Marketing Int’l Ltd [OSMi]
Job: Marketing of the TV Rights to the Sydney 2000 Olympic games.
Problem(s): To maximize the value of Sporting Rights asset for a brand new entrant involved:
- Creating a value addition chain, i.e. how do sponsors maximize their spend?
- Create sufficient ”eyeballs” given the time differential between Sydney and Lagos…
These started with:
- Creation of a GwCL unit within OSMi that handled Strategy and planning…
- Asset valuation – breaking down the multi-event’s transmission into marketable chunks
- Setup of a Marketing System – recruit – train – manage advert window sales force in 8 months!
- Guided client through negotiations with the networks!
- Designed schedules on a dedicated 24-hour channel for a 3-week multi-sports event.
- 1st transmission of a privately held multi-sports Rights Asset in the Nigerian market space.
- Pioneers of Public – Private multi-network syndication.
- Client ♯1 sub-regional Sports Asset marketing firms
- Exceeded Rights Valuation targets by an average of 22.5% across all sports.,